Friday 8 May 2015

WoMAD Festival Poster Research





For this assignment we had to design a WOMAD (World of Music, Art and Dance) poster. WOMAD is a multi cultural festival showcasing music. art, dance, crafts and food from many different and interesting cultures around the world. Most of these posters are old WOMAD ones which i gathered as a reference for my work. The other posters I included because I found them interesting and will maybe construct work based on what they have done or just use them as reference. One think i have taken away from looking at all these poster is the strong use of multiple bright colours and in many cases a brutal simplicity in the design. These are two things I will need to replicate in my work as it is a common design among the WOMAD posters. Secondly it is fairly common for a WOMAD poster to have link to the location of the event and thus this is also something I should consider in the making of my poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment