Friday 8 May 2015

FinalPosters


Poster.1

 Poster.2

Based on the mood boards and poster research I had conducted earlier I started constructing my posters. Wood is one of the most common items for making aboriginal and African art so i wanted to feature some form of link to it. I found using a wood texture to be a very effective way of doing this. Poster 2 was a very basic just having the plain texture with the elements (images/type) placed over the top in Photoshop. I used the blending layer options soft light and overlay to merge it into the texture giving it a more natural look and feel. I used a lot more editing in Poster 1 and I feel that this was its downfall. As I started in a pervious post the best WOMAD poster had been the simpler constructed ones not the more complicated ones and I feel that this has also applied to my two posters. Poster 1was half made in Illustrator half in Photoshop i.e. background, island. Although there isn't much difference in content between the two the use of the colours, the intention to be eye catching, has given it a very different look from Poster 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment